[pdftex] hyperref doc needs update of some menuoptions (\Acrobatmenu{...}{...})

Alexander Grahn A.Grahn at fzd.de
Mon Apr 7 15:06:25 CEST 2008

Hi,

I wondered why several so called `named actions' that can be bound to
links/annotations using \Acrobatmenu{...}{...} and which can be used
to execute menu options in the Adobe Acrobat/Reader GUIs ceased to work
beginning with version 8 of their software.

As things didn't get better in AR-9 beta, I decided to file a bug report.
After some discussion with LR, it turned out that they changed the
names of some of those named actions. The ones that I was esp. interested in
were

`ShowThumbs' for opening the `Pages' navigation panel, which is now
`ShowHideTumbnails' and `ShowBookmarks' which is now
`ShowHideBookmarks'. While the new versions work in both AR-7 and AR-8+,
the older ones have become non-functional in newer AR versions.

Other menu option names may have changed as well.

Alexander
--
Dr.-Ing. Alexander Grahn
Forschungszentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e. V.,

m a i l t o : A . G r a h n @ f z d . d e