[pdftex] FYI: Feature Requests for Adobe Reader

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 12:16:27 CEST 2008

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 5:25 AM, Thierry Bouche
<Thierry.Bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr> wrote:

>  this is very nice, and enhances really the ergonomics of reading such a
>  math paper on screen. Next: have the same kind of popup for
>  everything that is referred to and useful to have a glance at, like
>  numbered equations, claims, etc.
>
>  One could also dream of parallel
>  versions of the text for various usages (such as popping up a mathml
>  version of a formula or its tex source for copying...).
>
>  Is this easy?

It will be easy when (and if) Ross makes a package

>More important: is it possible without javascript and
>  thus is there an existing document format allowing this kind of
>  things without scripting?

Some less nice solutions are possible through comments mechanism
(Scott Pakin cooltooltips) or attachments (Heiko Oberdiek attachfile
etc) but none of this works outside of AR.

I have some suspicions about javascript, more precisely about Adobe
itself: javascript animations (based on Alexander Grahn animate
package) perform in AR8 much worse than in 7.09 and Adobe seem to be
very reluctant to address this

Victor