[pdftex] FYI: Feature Requests for Adobe Reader

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Fri Apr 4 14:25:28 CEST 2008

Martin Schröder schrieb:
> 2008/4/3, Nelson H. F. Beebe <beebe at math.utah.edu>:
>>  In Acrobat Reader 5 on Unix systems, Ctl-W Ctl-left-arrow closes and
>>  reopens the document at the current page.  Unfortunately, this feature
>>  disappeared in later Reader releases, and that, plus their 4x larger
>>  memory footprint and much longer startup time, means that I rarely use
>>  them.
>
> Yeah, I tend to use kpdf instead. Unfortunately AR is still the only
> PDF viewer on Linux with support for Layers, which I need.

I don't need AR on the Mac at all. I installed it when I bought my
Macintosh, but I never used it. I use TeXShop as PDF viewer when writing
in Emacs, and I use Preview for opening and printing PDF files. TeXShop
refreshes PDF view after re-compilation while Preview does not.

Jürgen.