[pdftex] Correct use of font expansion.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Sep 26 23:47:39 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 26 September 2007 03:32:29 pm Thanh Han The wrote:

> I would add the following:
>
> ,--------
>
> | \tolerance=9999
> | \pdfadjustspacing=2

Bingo! I added the above, then tried it with expansion/contraction of 50 50
and the document went down from 244 pages to 241 pages. Then I changed back
to more conservative factors of 20 20 as per some previous examples and the
document went to 242 pages. But in both cases the end-of-line black slugs
went away.  Almost all hyphenation disappeared as well.

It is nice to be guided by the hand of the gentleman who wrote the code.
Font expansion/contraction is now part of my  standard bag of tricks.

Thanks for all you do, Thanh.
--
John Culleton
http://wexfordpress.com