[pdftex] Looping presentations inside another document

Alexander Grahn A.Grahn at fzd.de
Tue Oct 30 11:16:57 CET 2007

Brad,

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 01:36:55PM -0500, Brad Burkman wrote:
>Further, I'd like to place this dynamic slideshow inside another
>document.  I put it in as an image with
>
>\hbox{\pdfximage width 9cm {TriangleCenters.pdf}}
>\pdfrefximage\pdflastximage,
>

>but it only shows the first page of TriangleCenters.pdf.  I would like
>it to continue looping inside the other document, so I can have both
>static and dynamic parts together.

This is clearly a task for the `animate' package.

>I am using pdfTeX from MiKTeX.

Install `animate' via the package manager.

First, you need to split the multipage PDF into a set of numbered
files. You can do this with the `pdftk' command line tool. Get it from

http://accesspdf.com/pdftk/

and put it (pdftk.exe) to some directory that is in your PATH.

  pdftk TriangleCenters.pdf burst output TriCenters-%d.pdf

gives you a sequence of files numbered from 0 to <number of pages - 1>

which can be animated within your presentation by

  \usepackage{animate}
  \animategraphics[width=9cm,controls]{5}{TriCenters-}{0}{99}

assuming that you have a set of 100 files. The frame rate of 5 frames
per second corresponds to the desired page duration of 0.2 s.

Alexander