[pdftex] making pdf document accessible using LaTeX

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 15:23:16 CET 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 7:26 AM, Thierry Bouche <thierry.bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le lundi 12 novembre 2007, vers 01:18:05, Victor Ivrii écrivit :
>
> V> This is an example posted by someone more knowledgeable than me. You
> V> can put the text to speak in
> V>  /ActualText (sum with i from to n .....  )
>
> this is very interesting. How much of this is automatizable?

So far not much. Actually I would be interested in beamer feature: to
mark to read only new on the frame: currently if frame is

\begin{frame}
Harry loves Sally

\pause
Sally loves Harry
\end{frame}

it would be read as

Harry loves Sally Harry loves Sally Sally loves Harry

So, the second entry of "Sally loves Harry" in pdf file should be
marks as skipped

> While on this topic, I read here a while ago about the possibility to
> have some kind of tooltip window with typeset material in it showing
> while passing the pointer over an activated zone. This is typically a
> feature that would change mere links into a useful thing for latex cross
> references (show the bibitem when pointing a bibcte, e.g., or the
> equation content for an eqref, or theorem statement, section title,
> etc.)

cooltooltips by Scott Pakin