[pdftex] [NTG-pdftex] q..Q rules again

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Tue May 8 13:14:42 CEST 2007

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 11:09:48AM +0200, Pawe? Jackowski wrote:

> 	\test
> 	\pdfliteral page{q}% some graphic operators
> 	\pdfliteral{q}% some transform
> 	\test
> 	\pdfliteral{Q 1 0 0 1 12 0 cm}%
> 	\pdfliteral page{Q}%
> 	\test
>
> The reason is that last the matrix (translating coordinates back to the
> lower-left corner) is placed after the _second_ Q. But I'd rather expect
>   that transform after the first (inner) one. What is the reason for that?

Add \pdfcompresslevel=0, then you get a readable page stream in
the PDF file.

The last \pdfliteral section:
  1 0 0 1 115.925 622.631 cm
  Q 1 0 0 1 12 0 cm
  1 0 0 1 -115.925 -622.631 cm

The switched last two lines probably cause your trouble.
I wouldn't use "page" for stuff that affects the transform
matrix. See also the latest pdftex.def.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>