[pdftex] [CTAN] animate

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 06:34:54 CET 2007

To clarify after more extensive testing

On 3/17/07, Victor Ivrii <vivrii at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/17/07, Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:

(enclosed animate.pdf)
> and with examples which I regenerate.
>
> 1)They work perfectly with Adobe Acrobat 8 on Mac
>
> 2) They do not not work with Adobe Reader 8 on Mac (Javascript is
> enabled and it complains that security settings prevent JS from being
> executed and then that "a0000.actnNext is not a function" (and exactly
> the same for all other functions). Javascript in "other" files works
> without any complains.

Console says: "NotAllowedError: Security settings prevent access to
this property or method"
and then it complains that  "a0000.actnNext is not a function" and so on

(Platforms: MacOSX 10.4.9 on Intel and MacOSX 10.4.8 on PPC)

> 3) Exactly the same with acroread 7.0.9 on Linux (cannot be more
> specific), JS is enabled and the same complains

and the same under WindowsXP under emulation.

I do not have any custom scripts in the folders loaded by AR at the beginning.

On the other hand I was advised that it works on some Linux platform
(more details are not available). Googling found that few years ago
some features working in AR 6 stopped working with the same error in
6.01 [ It was said that some features were enabled in AR 6 by mistake,
fixed in 6.01. ] which suggests some disparity of the security
settings between different versions (and may be platforms).

> I am really puzzled by this different behavior of js in Acrobat and in
> the Reader. Any explanations?
>
> --

Victor