[pdftex] [CTAN] animate

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 05:54:30 CET 2007

On 3/17/07, Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:

> [...]

I found an extremely strange problem with the Javascript in your
documentation and with examples which I regenerate.

1)They work perfectly with Adobe Acrobat 8 on Mac

2) They do not not work with Adobe Reader 8 on Mac (Javascript is
enabled and it complains that security settings prevent JS from being
executed and then that "a0000.actnNext is not a function" (and exactly
the same for all other functions). Javascript in "other" files works
without any complains.

3) Exactly the same with acroread 7.0.9 on Linux (cannot be more
specific), JS is enabled and the same complains

I am really puzzled by this different behavior of js in Acrobat and in
the Reader. Any explanations?

--
Victor Ivrii, Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto