[pdftex] Info about include signature and image related

Wouter Bergmann Tiest W.M.BergmannTiest at phys.uu.nl
Thu Mar 8 12:14:48 CET 2007

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Allin Cottrell wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Martinez Edgardo wrote:
>
>> I need references about how I can include a digital signature and a image
>> related with it, in a pdf archive with de pfdLaTeX or pdfTeX.
>
> \usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}
>
> \includegraphics{foo}

Digital signing is not the same as including a scanned image of a
signature... Adobe Acrobat can do it, and e.g. Ascertia has a PDF signer
program (http://www.ascertia.com/products/pdfsignseal/), but I don't think
that there are any free tools out there that can do it, let alone a
LaTeX/pdfTeX package. Would be nice, but judging from section 8.7 of the
PDF reference, it's not trivial... Perhaps someone with a lot of time on
their hands?

Regards,

Wouter Bergmann Tiest

E-mail: W.M.BergmannTiest at phys.uu.nl  WWW: http://www.phys.uu.nl/~bergmann/
           ** Life is complex: it has real and imaginary parts **