[pdftex] pdftex supported formats: what about 3d objects?

Paolo Cignoni cignoni at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 13:34:57 CET 2007

> The main problem with u3d + TeX is the lack of tools to create u3d.
> Maple and Mathematica do not create it (may be Maple 11?) and I could
> find only some CAD tools.

This is exactly the reason that motivated me to add the support of
this format inside meshlab that is a rather user friendly GPL app able
to import many different file formats.
U3D support will be available since ver 1.1 (e.g. the next after the
one that is currently in RC testing).

Thanks again to all the user of this list for the fast answers!

P.