[pdftex] pdfTeX memory values in texmf.cnf

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sun Mar 4 05:31:55 CET 2007

Dear pdfTeXperts,

In Mac OS X, I have installed both Gerben Wierda's TeXLive-based TeX
distribution and TeXLive-2007.

Now ---in GW's distro, texmf.cnf has two values missing in
TeXLive-2007 texmf.cnf:

> % These are pdftex-specific.
> obj_tab_size = 300000    % PDF objects
> dest_names_size = 300000 % destinations

Searching the PDF-TeX mailing list archives, I only found data for
obj_tab_size up to 2003. Are these parameters no longer necessary? Or
should I include them in TeXLive-2007 texmf.cnf and rebuild formats?

Thanks in advance.

Axel