[pdftex] Strange problems with graphics inclusion

Ulrich Dirr ud at art-satz.de
Wed Jun 20 12:21:59 CEST 2007

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Ulrich Dirr wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've made a minimal example:
>>    \documentclass{book}
>>    \usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}
>>    \graphicspath{{bilder/}}
>>    \pdfcompresslevel=0
>>
>>    \begin{document}
>>    Blabla
>>
>>    \vspace{\baselineskip}
>>    \centerline{\includegraphics{dia}}
>>    \end{document}
>>
>> I've uploaded all test to www.art-satz.de/download/test3.zip (login:
>> freund1 passw: print-typo).
>>
>> All pdfs fail that have fonts (in fact it's HelveticaNeueLT-Roman,
>> lowercase a-h and numbers 1-8) included. When converting all text to
>> outlines the resulting pdf is o.k. Of course I would like to include
>> a pdf with fonts included ...
>
> when i make a doc with those graphics in context the file
> looks ok (als
> also preflight ok in acrobat 8)
>
> since it involves fonts ... maybe there is something messed
> up in your
> map files
>
> Hans

I've checked both the file with and without graphics. Without graphics
it's o.k., graphic alone is also o.k. (preflight), only together it
doesn't work ...

When running with an old fptex (pdfeTeXk, Version
3.141592-1.20b-beta-2.2) everything is o.k. too (bad run with: pdfTeX,
Version 3.141592-1.40.3 (MiKTeX 2.6))!!!

Ulrich