[pdftex] Two column Greek / English

Richard Davies richard at tollyboy.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 7 11:52:41 CEST 2007

I am looking for help on this problem.

Need to set a book
\documentclass[a4paper, landscape, twocolumn]{book}

Trouble is the left hand column must be in Greek and the right hand column in
English.

I can do it by writing a column in Greek forcing a break and writing the same
column in English then forcing a break and going back to Greek for the next
page.

It works but it is painful is there anyway to keep the Greek text in a file
called greek.tex and the English in a file called english.tex and just load
them with a couple of includefile statements?

All chapter titles, sections etc must be produced twice once in Greek and once
in English the only things that are to appear once on the page would be the
page numbers and any included pictures as they may well need to spread across
both columns and would be captioned in Greek and English.

I have spent a long time on Google and not found an answer to this any

Regards
Richard.

--
"Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."