[pdftex] overlay text on an image ?

Robert Dunne rob.dunne at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:45:23 CEST 2007

Hi list,

here is a summary of suggestions

1) changing TitlePage.eps to TitlePage.pdf doesn't fix the problem as
psfrag wont work with a pdf file

2) this works! although things are in the wrong place with these
parameters. Still it does allow one to put text on top of an image

\begin{picture}(0,0)
   \put(20,73){\parbox{10cm}{\mytitle}}
\end{picture}%
\includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]{TitlePage}%
\begin{picture}(0,0)
   \put(69,12){\makebox(0,0)[r]{\clogo}}
\end{picture}

3) "overpic" is the solution we have adopted ie

\usepackage{overpic}
\begin{figure}
\begin{overpic}[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]{TitlePage}
\put(20,73){\parbox{10cm}{\mytitle}}
\put(69,12){\makebox(0,0)[r]{\clogo}}
\end{overpic}
\end{figure}

4) as we want TitlePage.pdf in the title page, it is not a
float and doesn't need the \begin{figure} etc

Thanks for the help
Bye
Rob