[pdftex] pdftex Digest, Vol 48, Issue 9

Purnendu Chakraborty purnendu.chakraborty at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 19:26:59 CET 2007

Hello,

> >I succeeded. You should tell a little more (error message, system, ...)
>
> >Yours sincerely
>   >Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>

>I succeeded in Linux (kernel 2.6.18-1.2869.fc6).  Simply saying the
>build failed without any other information makes people helpless.

>Radhakrishnan

--------------------------------------

 Yes I could compile it afterwards. Many thanks for your kind feedbacks.
>I succeeded on MacOSX. However when I moved

build/texk/web2c/pdfetex
build/texk/web2c/pdftex
build/texk/web2c/pdftex.pool
build/texk/web2c/pdftosrc
build/texk/web2c/ttf2afm

>to replace binaries and ran (as a root) fmtutil --refresh I got 6
>failures; repeating I reduced their number to 3

`pdfetex -ini -jobname=amstex -progname=amstex
-translate-file=cp227.tcx *amstex.ini' failed
`pdfetex -ini -jobname=eplain -progname=eplain
-translate-file= cp227.tcx *eplain.ini' failed
`pdfetex -ini  -jobname=xmltex -progname=xmltex &latex xmltex.ini' failed

Victor Ivrii, Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto
http://www.math.toronto.edu/ivrii
I also got similar kind of  mesaages when I ran texconfig-sys init as root.
Then as a norma user I removed  my old .texmf-var and  ran texconfig init
and everything seems working now.

Best regards,

Purnendu