[pdftex] hiperref and arXiv

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 19:55:34 CET 2007

On 1/7/07, Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> Aleks Kleyn wrote:
> > I asked them. However their answer does not work.
> >
> Unless you can find out exactly what they do
> at arXiv, reproduce it on your own computer,
> implement their proposed answer, and
> show us a test file, it is hard to advise you

arXiv does something strange. Sometimes submission fails because they
believe that some packages collide; sometimes adding dvi file fixes
this problem (why? I don't know). It looks like a Russian roulette. I
suspect that some (all?) Warnings which do not stop tex actually are
reasons for them to reject.
.

> It is also, of course, not an issue of pdftex,
> but a matter of how they use hyperref,
> so this isn't really the right list :-{

Because of this I am afraid that it does not fit in any existing lists