[pdftex] html to latex converter

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Jan 3 00:02:38 CET 2007

  > Hello I know i am OT, but I don't know another place where my
  > question can be answered.

There is not so much traffic on this list at the moment, hence I doubt
that you bother anyone with a question not related to pdftex.
I hope so, at least.

The people on this list are mainly interested in pdftex, I assume that
you get better help on the texhax mailing list or the usenet newsgroup
comp.text.tex.

  > I am looking for a tool to convert html to (La)TeX.  It would be
  > best if it is a php tool (or something I may hack to php).  Most
  > important, is there a way to handle a css conversion too?

Google pointed me to:

   http://html2latex.sourceforge.net

Yes, it is not always easy to guess an appropriate keyword for a
Google search.

html2latex is a Perl script and I'm not sure it handles css.  I doubt.
Converting html to LaTeX is not a simple task at all.  I assume that
most html files do not provide any information about the language used
which is needed by LaTeX in order to load the correct hyphenation
patterns.

I'm interested in such a tool too.  I doubt that a reliable converter
exists, otherwise it would be shipped with any Linux distribution.

If you press the "print" button in your web browser you always get
crappy output.  How nice would it be if formatting can be done by TeX?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25