[pdftex] Russian font T1

TeX Guy pdftexlist at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 06:59:40 CET 2007

Werner LEMBERG <wl at ...> writes:

> > In arXiv they prepare pdf file not directly from latex, but from dvi
> > or ps file.  CMAP package does not work.  I use Russian text and it
> > looks not good in final pdf file. However there are other ways to
> > create T1 font in pdf file and make Russian text searchable even if
> > I create file from ps.  May be somebody can help to solve this
> > problem.
>
> Russian in T1?  This doesn't work at all.  Do you mean T2A?
>
> You should ask the guys at arXiv how they create the PDF files.
> Without this information I fear you won't get decent output.
>
>     Werner

the response from arXiv staff this past December was

 to have searchable and editable PDF via tex->dvi->ps->pdf
 the ps file must use Type1 fonts.

 There are outline equivalents for T2A fonts (Cyrillic) available from
 various projects, arXiv will soon support cm_lgc

also, arXiv will soon support pdftex.

T.