[pdftex] hiperref and arXiv

Aleks Kleyn Aleks_Kleyn at MailAPS.org
Mon Feb 19 06:39:39 CET 2007

Sorry, I fixed this typo. It did not work. I tried this when I submitted
0701238. I was not able to fix it in 061211, because it would next version
of paper. I can do any type of such fix only when I will get something new
in the text of the paper. However I appreciate your help. I know that you
work very hard. Thank you.
Aleks Kleyn

-----Original Message-----
From: TeX Guy [mailto:pdftexlist at gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2007 11:30 PM
To: pdftex at tug.org
Subject: [pdftex] hiperref and arXiv

Aleks Kleyn Aleks_Kleyn at MailAPS.org
Sun Jan 7 05:50:26 CET 2007

> They suggested to use
> \hypersetup{colorlinks=true}
> as I use or to use
> \PassOptionsToPackage{colorlinks}{hyperref}
> But does not work in my PC (I think they have more later version of
> hyperref). However this does not work in their system as well. The
> information in log is very short

note that with respect to math.GM/0612111 my response, which should
have been relayed to you via arXiv staff, was that there was a typo in
your tex source file,

\hypersetup{colorlinks=truw}

and that was the apparent reason the colorlinks option wasn't working
for this paper.

You never followed up on that, you never corrected your arXiv'ed source.
arXiv admins hand-corrected your submission for you recently.

In the meantime Heiko Oberdiek, upon my suggestion, also implemented
an improvement to hyperref, which allows proper override of system
wide .cfg file options with user settings. arXiv's hyperref.cfg indeed
interfered with option colorlinks before that and you could have
accelerated finding a solution to it by communicating with arXiv.

While arXiv staff is trying hard to assist, they cannot help you if
you don't follow up on their advice, and if something doesn't work get
problems passed on to upper level TeX support.

Regards
T.