[pdftex] Combined index

Barry Dale barryd at mtechit.com
Fri Feb 9 03:27:16 CET 2007

Hello,
I have a set of large documents, each of which are indexed.
The documents reference each other using the hyperref package.

I'd like to create an introductory document and compile a combined index
linking to the other documents. Is it possible to get \hyperpage
links to open an external document?

The nearest I've got is to sed the idx files and replace hyperpage with
hyperref to the front page of the appropriate document. I suspect I may be
able to do something with makeindex arguments, but I'm not sure where to
start.

Any suggestions? Anybody done anything like this?

--
Barry Dale
Technical Writer