[pdftex] bug with included transparent graphics

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Mon Dec 31 16:04:20 CET 2007

+ "Victor Ivrii" <vivrii at gmail.com>:

> On Mac OSX 10.4.11, pdftex-1.40.3 neither AR 8.1.1 nor AR 7.0.9 nor 3
> other pdf viewers show any difference between colors on the first and
> second pages (I run few tests uncommenting corresponding lines). At
> least for me. I am not sure how to measure accurately and objectively
> colors (I cannot rely upon much on my eyes comparing two close
> shades).

Art Directors toolkit, the RGB tab, click the magnifying glass near the
middle of the window, then on whatever pixel you wish to inspect.

(It doesn't work on Leopard.  A workaround there is to click on the
colour well next to the magnifying glass, which will bring up the
colour picker - which has its own magnifying glass, which works.)

- Harald