[pdftex] pdftex 1.40.5

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 17:55:33 CEST 2007

On 8/3/07, John R. Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> Congratulations to those who contributed. Has the (excellent) Pdftex
> Manual been updated lately?  My copy is dated April 2005.

Sources for the manual are included.  Mine has:

% $Id: pdftex-t.tex,v 1.675 2007/01/25 10:37:13 hhenkel Exp $

Debian texlive (and, I presume, any other TL2007) has formatted versions
with the same revision.

You need a working ConTeXt to format the manual from the sources.

You can scan the changelog for changes since ver. 1.40.0 that affect you
(most of the changes are bugfixes and updated libraries that don't
require any change to the manual).  There are a few issues that have
caused some confusion that might be good to mention somewhere, but
we have the mail archives for the really obscure stuff (error handling, files
that are treated differently such as texfonts.map).

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia