[pdftex] Strategies to embed existing pdf documents into tex source file, but not as a graphic?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 02:23:10 CEST 2006

On 9/3/06, Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:

>   > AFAIK the absence of scrollbar in the internal window is a
>   > limitation of PDF, not of any package.
>
> Maybe scrollbars are not supported, but something similar:
>
> Go to http://www.amrita-ebook.org/doc and download the file
> TOA-drink-me.pdf (6.87 MBytes).  It's amazing to see what PDF
> supports.

PDF supports and one can do it vi hyperref

1) Javascript
2) All Adobe Reader/Acrobat menus
3) Page transitions

Say, beamer bottom-right navigation panel does similar things. I agree
that Amrita does amazing things.

BTW, there is another idea (insane) of embedded multipage pdf file:
using expensive CAD tools make u3d file showing a cube each face of it
containing image of pdf page (one can use also other Plato bodies) and
embed it into pdf using movie15.