[pdftex] Strategies to embed existing pdf documents into tex source file, but not as a graphic?

W. Craig Carter ccarter at mit.edu
Sun Sep 3 18:48:48 CEST 2006

I am wondering if the followin is possible:

I'd like to embed an existing "file.pdf" into
my "source.tex"  The existing pdf file may be
several pages long with page settings that
are smaller than source.tex's.  Ideally, the
resulting pdf would have a little sub-window
with scrollbar and the bookmarks of file.pdf
would be available to source.pdf.
i.e., something that emulates
\includegraphics specifically for pdf
documents:
  \includesubpdf[width=6in,height=3in]{file.pdf}

W. Craig Carter