[pdftex] removal of some extensions -- yes or no?

Thanh Han The hanthethanh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 11:24:02 CET 2006

Dear list,

I am considering to remove some extensions I added to pdftex
recently, as it's hard to make them work reliably, and they
also seem little useful. In short they are:

,--------
| \pdfadjustinterwordglue, \knbscode, \stbscode, \shbscode:
| adjust the interglue space according to the charater before
| the glue
|
| \pdfprependkern, \knbccode: auto-insertion of a kern before a char
|
| \pdfappendkern, \knaccode: auto-insertion of a kern after a char
`--------

Before I make a decision, I would like to listen to other
opinions. So please let me know what you think of this.

Thanks,
Thanh