[pdftex] SGML output fails with pdflatex

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Mon Nov 13 09:28:43 CET 2006

> Problem now is that latex and dvipdfmx work, but pdflatex doesn't.
> And the PDF documents in all other languages are made with pdflatex.
> Strange thing as well is that it worked before with CJK v4.5.2.

Apparently, you've found a fatal bug in pdftex.  I was able to reduce
it to the attached document.  Using the TeXLive SVN from today (which
contains pdfeTeX 3.141592-1.30.4-2.2), the first run of

  pdflatex zzzz.tex

works fine, but a second run crashes with

  ! pdfTeX error (arithmetic): divided by zero.

This is on a GNU/Linux box, BTW.

     Werner