[pdftex] embedfile and links to children

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 11:39:23 CET 2006

On 11/4/06, Heiko Oberdiek <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 08:28:52AM +0100, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>

> Attached files are identified by their file attachment annotations
> and are identified
> * by pair of absolute page number and number of the annotation
>   in the page (number of entry in /Annot) or

It looks like if on the page 10 there are two annotations and on page
11 another two then the last annotation could be referred both as

/P 10
/A 1

and

/P 9
/A 3

Is it correct?

> * by pair of absolute page number and name of the annotation
>   (/NM entry).

I need to look at your code to understand how to name an annotation.

> > achievements in new oberdiek collection is that now one can give them
> > `annotation names' (acting in the manner of equation \label so that
> > new attachment does change numbers of all after it but it does not
> > break links).
>
> It saves you from guessing the number in the /Annot array.

But how to pass this to another attached pdf co it can refer to its
sibling in the same without-the-guess way?

> > I also understand that only UNIX files could be attached/embedded but
> > not directories (some Mac OS files and most of applications are
> > directories in the UNIX sense). Surely one can compress directory into
> > a single file but is there f.e. a regular way to achieve the
> > following: to attach or embed myhtml together with two png files it
> > refers to so the resulting attached html will be displayed properly?
>
> Perhaps the /RF dictionary can be (mis?)used for this?

I will try..

    Thanks
                                   Victor