[pdftex] pdfpages / Preserve internal links please!

chris at kalfakter.de chris at kalfakter.de
Wed May 31 18:02:03 CEST 2006

Hello,

today I worked on an email-application for a new job.
I wanted to create one pdf-file with all the documents (application letter, cover, CV, scanned certificates) inside. The single pieces I produced with tetex and different documentclasses.

Finally I wanted to put everything together with pdfpages but the internal links didn't work properly. In my case the email-address-links were cut off like '@domain.de'. My name was gone.

Although pdfpages is offering really nice features for creating pdf-output I couldn't use it in the end. Because, what is an e-application if you can't click the internal links? Just embarrassing. Why?

I ended up switching to xp using pdftk which is a nice tool but has less options for configuring pdf-output. To configure pdftk with sed is somehow complicated and not comfortable for a normal user like me.

Greeting from Germany! 9 days to come - the world cup in soccer!

Tschüs
Chris