[pdftex] pdfstringdef

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed May 10 16:28:29 CEST 2006

On 5/10/06, Heiko Oberdiek <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> > To what degree mathematical expressions could be written in the bookmark name?
> > I understand that this is more limitation of pdf itself than of
> > hyperref or pdflatex.
>
> Yes, look at the PDF specification: PDFDocEncoding or Unicode.
> Or in hyperref's pd1enc.def/puenc.def, e.g.
>   \textplusminus
>   \textonesuperior

I looked at documentation and I decided to add command \textminussuperior

\DeclareTextCommand{\textminussuperior}{PU}{\80\262}

I knew that it is actually definition of \texttwosuperior but I
decided to play with {\80\262} later. However it lead me to

! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000].
\textminussuperior ->\PU-cmd \textminussuperior
                                                \PU\textminussuperior
l.4298 ...ussuperior\ } in the remainder estimate}
                                                  \label{sect-A-3}
!  ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file is not finished!

Is the reason that I placed a declaration into preamble instead of
some external file?
I tried to place it both before/after \usepackage[]{hyperref} with the
same results

How one can declare other powers?

Thanks
                                                                       Victor