[pdftex] writing XML from tex source

Magnus Lie Hetland magnus at hetland.org
Thu Mar 30 15:56:01 CEST 2006

On Mar 30, 2006, at 13:29, Thierry Bouche wrote:

> Hi pdftex,
>
>  I know I'm slightly off topic, but I know that most knowledgeable
>  people are around here, so... I take the risk!
>
>  I have developped a simple system to write XML metadata for a journal
>  article in an auxiliary file from its TeX source.

Just a quick suggestion: How about using Tralics [1] to transform
your file to XML, and then use XSLT (Using, e.g., xsltproc [2]) to
create your metadata file? After all, Tralics is a full TeX
interpreter, with the sole purpose of producing XML, and XSLT is the
standard mechanism for transforming XML files and extracting reports
etc. from them...

It may be that I missed your question completely, though -- sorry in
that case :)

[1] http://www-sop.inria.fr/miaou/tralics
[2] http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/xsltproc2.html

--