[pdftex] \includepdf : missing symbols

H V boite_anti_spam at yahoo.fr
Mon Jun 26 14:01:53 CEST 2006

You still haven't told us the software versions, platform, etc.  Do
you see a problem using
 (MathTime sample
document that everyone can use)?  The result of the following seems OK
at first glance, using tl2005 with pdftex-1.40 .0-beta-20060213.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pdfpages}
\begin{document}
\includepdf{chironmt.pdf}
\end{document}

If the original PDF has the fonts embedded (so it can be viewed on a
system without the fonts), it should work with \includepdf.  An
alternative is to render the original pdf file (e.g., using the
embedded font) to produce a pdf with outline paths or even an image.
You can use pstoedit with ghostscript (gsview for a GUI front end if
you are on linux or Win32) to make the outline paths.

 pdflatex says :
 This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-1.10b (Web2C 7.4.5)
 I use Fedora.
 I attach the result I obtain when I include chironmt.pdf... same problem as mine (missing sigmas).
 I will try pstoedit when it is installed...