[pdftex] pdfpages / Preserve internal links please!

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Jun 1 21:50:33 CEST 2006

  > Hello, today I worked on an email-application for a new job.  I
  > wanted to create one pdf-file with all the documents (application
  > letter, cover, CV, scanned certificates) inside. The single pieces
  > I produced with tetex and different documentclasses.

  > Finally I wanted to put everything together with pdfpages but the
  > internal links didn't work properly. In my case the
  > email-address-links were cut off like '@domain.de'. My name was
  > gone.

  > Although pdfpages is offering really nice features for creating
  > pdf-output I couldn't use it in the end. Because, what is an
  > e-application if you can't click the internal links? Just
  > embarrassing. Why?

This is a known problem.  Hyperlinks and page contents are stored at
different places inside a PDF file.  pdfTeX can only access the pages
at the moment.  A solution is not trivial, so don't expect one in the
near future.

It's probably easier to extend pdftk rather than pdftex.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25