[pdftex] bibtex : multiple entries a year for the same first author

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 21 20:21:15 CEST 2006

hv writes:

>  I use the attached .bst and .sty files.

remember, this is a pdftex list: a list for pdftex developers,
reporting pdftex bugs, etc.  and you ask a question about bibtex and
latex.

many people (possibly even some of the developers) never even *use*
bibtex or latex.

>  When I use 2 references with the same authors, the same year (like
>  Jones, Smith and Poirot 2006a
>  and
>  Jones, Smith and Poirot 2006b
>  ), I have correct extra labels "a" and "b".

all that stuff is out of place on this list.  there are plenty of
other places where you might find good answers -- what i say to people
who mail to *my* development address is:

routes for getting help: see

       http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=maillists

in short, ask questions either on the texhax mailing list

                            texhax at tug.org