[pdftex] pdftex Digest, Vol 42, Issue 3

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 22:37:23 CEST 2006

On 7/15/06, ivo welch <ivowel at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi victor:  it works for simple files, but is not what I suggested.
> With attachfile, I have to specify each file that is to be included.
> it does not follow \include, \input, by itself as it is processed.  I
> could overload these, but then I have to make sure to honor
> \includefile, etc.

Surely attachfile does not read attached files since this could be
file of any nature.
However it would be not extremely difficult to write a script going
along \include tree (careful with \input since it could refer to some
very standard files)
So it could be possible to write a package {attachsources}.

There is another problem: should comments be filtered out? There could
be comments one would like to keep private.

Many years ago M$W had "fast save" command which saved not the new
file but the old one + patches. As the result opening M$W file with
other text editor one could see the history of the creation of the
document which is usually not what the author wanted.

So attaching source should be definitely an option which the author
should confirm (at least)