[pdftex] PDF Encryption tools

Dieter Meinert Dieter.Meinert at web.de
Thu Jul 13 21:08:27 CEST 2006

Hi Gurus,

I'm looking for the state of encryption in pdftex/pdflatex in
order to use signatures and create protected documents by the
normal TeX/LaTeX engine, i.e withoud having to resort to acrobat
full version.

Is there anything available or planned along these lines ?

Long time ago I saw a patch to pdftex, but I'm unable to find it,
anyway it will already be outdated.

I also asked this question on texhax some months ago, but maybe
something happend in the meantime ?

TIA,
        Dieter Meinert