[pdftex] Fixing a rotation issue in an existing .pdf

dherrera at expresscopy.com dherrera at expresscopy.com
Thu Jan 19 00:34:52 CET 2006

After quite a bit of searching through google and searching the archives
of this list, I have found a great deal of information, but not quite
what I am looking for.

I have an original PDF document that xpdf or acrobat views as a landscape,
11x8.5in document.  When the document is being printed however, it prints as
though it was designed as a portrait 8.5x11 document.

I'm attempting to write a .tex file to be used by pdflatex to rotate and center
the original pdf, but I can't seem to get it to come out quite right.

This is what I've cobbled together so far:

% test.tex
\documentclass[landscape]{article}
\usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}

\begin{document}
\begin{center}
\includegraphics{screwy_file.pdf}
\pdfpagesattr { /Rotate -90 }
\end{center}
\end{document}

It seems that this doesn't quite do the trick, as it doesn't center the
original pdf content.  I'm also not seeing the content of the second
page.  The output pdf contains two pages, but the first page only
contains the page number and the second page contains the content from
the first page of the original pdf file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dan