[pdftex] Graphics for pdflatex and memoir.sty

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Jan 4 00:22:49 CET 2006

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 09:00 am, John R. Culleton wrote:
> On my current project I find it expedient to use pdflatex instead
> of pdftex or Context. I am using memoir.sty. I need just one
> graphic (currently a jpeg) for a logo on the title page.
>
> Given this combination, am I well advised to use the LaTeX
> graphic commands or the pdftex graphic commands? The graphic will
> need to be resized. I can of course convert it from jpeg to
> something else if that is helpful.

I ended up using a pdftex solution mainly because I am famiilar
with it. As a side benefit I didn't have to load several extra
packages and figure out how each works. Here is my final working
solution fo the title page:
\vskip .25in
\hfil{\pdfximage height .5in {logo.jpg}\pdfrefximage\pdflastximage}\hfil
\clearpage
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: