[pdftex] 14 base fonts are no longer available in Acrobat Reader 7?

Thanh Han The hanthethanh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 08:45:22 CET 2006

Hi,

it seems that 14 base fonts are no longer 'builtin' with
AR7. I am using linux version, AR 7.0.8 and when I open a
pdf containing Times-Roman (without the font embedded),
indeed the font is rendered using Adobe Serif MM. The
metrics however seem to be known to the reader, so
alignment of characters is still correct.

I looked into the Resource folder of AR, and indeed there
are not Times and Helvetica (Courirer is still there, plus
MinionPro and MyriadPro).

Can someone please confirm this? Is it the same with all
version of AR?

Thanks,
Thanh