[pdftex] PDF Edit Program

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.org
Thu Dec 14 15:33:44 CET 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 14:34 +0100, Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:
> On Dec 14, 2006, at 13:54, Gerree Pecht wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > ?? As far as I know there isn't a PDF editing program.  Or is there?
>
> Well, Adobe Illustrator would work, for example...  (Not for Linux,
> though.) Strictly graphics editing, of course.
>
> You could use Adobe Acrobat (not reader) for minor edits as well
> (such as minor text corrections and the like).

Here is the URL:

 http://pdfedit.petricek.net/pdfedit.index_e

which says:

Editor for manipulating PDF documents. GUI version + commandline
interface. Scripting is used to a great extent in editor and almost
anything can be scripted, it is possible to create own scripts or
plugins.

Target platform are operating systems of Unix type (Linux, BSD, ...), we
are using C++, XPDF, QT3 and QSA.

Note: QT3.x is required, editor can't be compiled with QT4.x. In most
distributions both qt3 and qt4 can be installed at once. Editor is
released under terms of GNU GPL

Radhakrishnan