[pdftex] pdflatex and font embedding

Bernhard Walle bernhard.walle at gmx.de
Wed Aug 30 00:51:11 CEST 2006

Hello,

* Hartmut Henkel <hartmut_henkel at gmx.de> [2006-08-30 00:41]:
> Your method seems to be correct. I just tried a similar experiment with
> newest pdftex-1.40.0-beta, where it still does not replace Type 1C
> fonts. But it definitely works for Type 1 fonts. No idea yet whether it
> can be implemented at all for Type 1C, or whether it's simply a bug.

Ah, I didn't recognise that these are 'type 1c' fonts. Is this a
property of the font files or is it an embedded method? If later, I
just embed the fonts using Ghostscript from a EPS file with no fonts
embedded (Ghostscript on this system with the right Fontmap.GS).

So: Maybe it can changed with a Ghostscript parameter how to embed the
fonts?

Regards,
  Bernhard
--
Mit nichts ist man freigebieger als mit gutem Rat.
	-- Francois Duc de La Rochefoucauld