[pdftex] Re: [NTG-context] How to set pdf link target view to one columnwidth in twocolumn mode

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Apr 13 13:42:31 CEST 2006

josef dev wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am wotking in a twocolumn document, I have the proper hyperlinks for
> references but the problem is that I need the link target to be viewd
> in full column width while when I click on any link it shows the link
> target in the view that is set to "pdfview" option to hyperef package.
> I have gone through the package documentation, there are several
> possible ways to have the link target view like Fit-to-Width (FitH),
> Fit-to-Height (FitV),  Fit-to-Bounding Box Width (FitBH),
> Fit-to-Bounding Box Height (FitBV), FitR that uses the current box and
> several other but none serves to set the link target so that it views the
> onecolumn text zoomed to fit to width instead of the entire two colmn
> page.
> I tried to use "\pdfdest fitr" instead of hypertarget but when I pass 4
> coordinates of link target box after "fitr" it just appears in pdf and
> compiler automatically assigns some other values, how it calculates
> that and how we can hack/adjust it as per our requirement.
> (I used following syntax in place of hypertarget
> "\pdfdest name (ID) fitr x1 y1 x2 y2",
> where ID is link id, x1, y1, x2, y2 are link target
> box coordinats)
> Hope my query is clear still if somebody finds it confusing then
> please feel free to ask further clarification.
this is what article threads are for but since that's a rather fuzzy
mechanism (not under complete control) you will never get a proper
solution unless you start hooking target areas into hyperlinks (no real
fun)

since you use latex, any context based solution is of no use anyway

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE