[pdftex] Re: Damaged PNG

Olivier Lefevre lefevrol at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 21:47:34 CEST 2006

Thanks a lot for trying all this. At high res my PDF does not
differ from what you put up on your site. I think Hartmut is
right: this is an Acrobat Reader artifact. This is quite
annoying: at 100% resolution, why is Acrobat so much worse
than other viewers, including Firefox, Opera, whatever is
built into Windows etc. I tried with GhostScript and there
the PNG looks normal, too, but the fonts are a bit rough. I
did not get better results with JPEG.

It looks like Reader was optimized to render vector fonts
(i.e, TT and Type 1) at the expense of everything else,
including bitmap fonts and apparently all bitmapped graphics.

-- O.L.