[pdftex] How to set pdf link target view to one columnwidth in twocolumn mode

josef dev david_jsf at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 12:43:09 CEST 2006

  Dear All,

  I am wotking in a twocolumn document, I have the proper hyperlinks for references but the problem is that I need the link target to be viewd in full column width while when I click on any link it shows the link target in the view that is set to "pdfview" option to hyperef package.

  I have gone through the package documentation, there are several possible ways to have the link target view like Fit-to-Width (FitH), Fit-to-Height (FitV),  Fit-to-Bounding Box Width (FitBH), Fit-to-Bounding Box Height (FitBV), FitR that uses the current box and several other but none serves to set the link target so that it views the onecolumn text zoomed to fit to width instead of the entire two colmn page.

    I also tried to use "\pdfdest fitr" instead of hypertarget but when I pass 4 coordinates of link target box after "fitr" it just appears in pdf and compiler automatically assigns ome other values, how it calculates that and how we can hack/adjust it as per our equirement. (I used following syntax in place of hypertarget
  "\pdfdest name (ID) fitr x1 y1 x2 y2",
  where ID is link id, x1, y1, x2, y2 are link target box coordinats)

  Hope my query is clear still if somebody finds it confusing then please feel free to ask further clarification.

  Thanks in advance

  Kind regards
David