[pdftex] Adobe Battles Backward-Compatibility Woes

Joachim Trinkwitz jtr at uni-bonn.de
Tue Apr 11 10:02:06 CEST 2006

Am 10.04.2006 um 22:29 schrieb Reinhard Kotucha:

> Adobe payed people for developing the PDF standard, hence I think
> Adobe is the owner.  Adobe has to provide new features in order to
> provide new products.  New products are needed to make sure that they
> can pay their employees in the future.
>
> I prefer open standards, but i cannot agree with making Adobe's PDF
> specification people's property.
>
> Making private property people's property is communism.

Then I think it's great to have so many communists around in big
companies and institutions, like IBM or CERN, who make their own
private properties people's properties - where would we stand when
CERN (which paid Tim Berners-Lee) would have asked to pay duties to
everyone who surfs the web???

Kind regards,
joachim

Dr. Joachim Trinkwitz     E-Mail: jtr at uni-bonn.de
Germanistisches Seminar   Tel.: 0228-737565
der Universität Bonn      Fax: 0228-737479
Am Hof 1d, 53113 Bonn     www.germanistik.uni-bonn.de