[pdftex] pgf and tikz

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Sat Apr 8 19:23:30 CEST 2006

On Sat, Apr  8, 2006 at 20:48 (+0930), Geoff Russell wrote:

> Dear pdftexers,

> I just started reading the pgfmanual after seeing reference to it on
> this list.

> Unfortunately, the first example failed using pdftex (but works if I
> use LaTeX version and run pdflatex), so I'll keep reading:

Geoff,

I can't offer help, but a bit of moral support... I just downloaded it
and it works for me using plain TeX.

(Slackware 10.2 with tetex 3.0.)

Do you by any chance have your own format which redefines anything
possibly relevant, or (far less likely) a file with the same name as
one of the files that tikz.tex causes to be read in?

Good luck.
				Jim