[pdftex] Color gradient with pdflatex

Jörg Ebeling joerg.ebeling at shbe.net
Fri Apr 7 21:56:50 CEST 2006

Hi,

I need to build a color gradient from a specific CMYK color up to white.

Unfortunately I can't use the pstricks, pdftricks nor ps4pdf package due
to some incompatibilties with my already used packages (and my current
document structur).

I already tried to build my own command with a simple \put / \line loop
in the picture environment, but my (La)TeX knowledge is to bad to get it
working (because of the different number units used in the picture
environment and the \color commands).

Does anybody knows a package with which color gradients could be build
BUT don't require the PSTricks package ?!

Thanks

Jörg