[pdftex] pdflatex

Aleks Kleyn Aleks_Kleyn at MailAPS.org
Fri Sep 9 21:55:56 CEST 2005

Can somebody help in next questions.

When I do search on internet for pdflatex I finally finish on website for
pdfTeX. The same time when I start pdflatex it refers to pdfetex having the
same version number as pdfTeX. Are they the same module. Not pdfTeX, nor
pdfetex accept latex code.
Also it writes 3 different version numbers
Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2
What they about.

And the last question. I expected that new version of miktex will have the
latest version of pdfTeX, but they probably are busy by other problems. Is
there way in windows to compile new version of pdfTeX?

Aleks Kleyn
http://www.geocities.com/aleks_kleyn