[pdftex] kpathsea environment variables

Geoffrey Alan Washburn geoffw at cis.upenn.edu
Mon Sep 5 22:21:09 CEST 2005

Paul Vojta wrote:

>On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 08:31:35PM -0400, Geoffrey Alan Washburn wrote:
>

>>   I've looked at it, but it didn't seem to have anything to say on the
>>subject of procuring a list of environment variables.  Is there are
>>particular section I should be studying?  Thanks.
>>

>Section 4.1.

    That lists environment variables, which I have seen before, but that
would require me to hardcode everything.  Hardcoding environment
variables isn't so useful when different versions of kpathsea support
different sets of variables, and as Thomas pointed out, it is possible
to define additional variables in texmf.cnf.  Given that kpathsea seems
like a rather mature piece of software, it seems kind of strange that it
doesn't have some way of listing/querying which environment variables it
is currently configured to examine.  There is the tool that Hans sent
me, but I haven't had a chance to examine it in detail.

--
[Geoff Washburn|geoffw at cis.upenn.edu|http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~geoffw/]