[pdftex] Re: pdftex] pdftex = acrobat ?

ivan lópez ivan at textzi.net
Thu Oct 27 00:12:38 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm new to this list and new at creating PDF's with Latex, so apologies
if this has been discussed here before...

I've been making PDF's out of scanned images, much in the same way as
the email that started this thread. So far I've been doing it with
acrobat, but want to look into Latex for this.

> % collection.tex
> \listfiles
> \documentclass{minimal}
> \usepackage{graphicx}
> \usepackage[active,graphics,tightpage]{preview}
>
> \begin{document}
>
> \includegraphics{pic1}
> \includegraphics{pic2}
> \includegraphics{pic3}
>
> \end{document}

I did a few tests following this procedure, but the PDF's came out
significantly larger than the ones made with acrobat. And I feel that
it should be easy, but I haven't found a way to make them smaller...

Also, is there anything (manuals, faqs...) that you'd recommend me
looking into, as a beginner at creating PDF's with Latex?

In advance, thanks,

ivan